Join us aboard the luxurious Carpe Diem Phinisi to spend yet another blissful week enjoying the stunning above and below scenery of the Komodo Marine Park in Flores, Indonesia.
Scroll down to see photo galleries from last years retreats.
Trip one June 15th – June 22rd 2019 (7 night 8 days)
Trip two June 26th – June 3rd 2019 (7 nights 8 days)
Our yearly custom made yoga and scuba diving adventure retreat is perfect for all of you scuba diving, snorkeling or adventure enthusiasts out there. This life changing trip is also open to non diving yogis and non yogi divers too. There are plenty of additional activities for you to partake in such as kayaking, stand up paddle boarding (SUPs), snorkeling or swimming. Should you feel less inclined towards the more strenuous activities then you can of course just enjoy chilling out on the beautiful shaded sundeck, reading, writing, meditating, tanning or napping!
OUR DAILY SCHEDULE
- An early rise for our peaceful morning yoga session.
- After class enjoy our delicious first breakfast, yes there are two! Our Continental breakfast consists of fresh fruit, freshly baked bread, toast, a wide selection of jams, peanut butter and Nutella, tea, coffee and fruit juice. After our first breakfast we will head to the water for our first breathtaking morning dive.
- After working up a serious appetite on dive one, we will then head back to the boat for our 2nd “BIG”breakfast including options for eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, french toast, oats and fruit and more excellent freshly baked homemade brown or white bread/toast.
- After our big breakfast we will enjoy a second morning scuba dive (or snorkel) in the beautiful Komodo Marine park.
- After the 2nd morning dive you’re free to relax on the Carpe Diem’s comfortable, spacious and shaded sundeck before lunch is served around 13:00pm
The two course lunches consists of varying western and local dishes off meat/fish/vegetarian/vegan dishes, finishing of with fresh fruit for desert, to keep it light before we head to the water again.
- After lunch you will complete a third scuba dive or on certain days our 3rd dive is a scheduled land excursion with an opportunity to go hiking or to see the Komodo dragons.
- An array of drinks and snacks such as fresh fruit, nuts and desserts are served daily around 4pm after the afternoon dive / excursion, ensuring that no one ever goes hungry on this active retreat. Drinks include an array of soft drinks, fruit juices, an assortment of teas or freshly made Balinese coffee.
- Afternoon refreshments will be followed by our evening yoga session except for the mid week evening excursion of the Pick beach where we will enjoy some beers on the beach and watch the sun set. Although our days are jam packed with all the various activities on offer, you are of course always welcome to sleep in one morning, or free to skip one of the dives or yoga sessions should you feel that this action packed itinerary is a little to intense for you.
- Optional night dives are also available for those who just cannot get enough of the water.
- A wholesome 3 course dinner comprising of traditional Indonesian and western dishes with vegetarian and pescetarian and of course meat options will be served shortly after our evening sunset yoga practice.
If you would like to see pictures from the last retreat and pictures of the cabins and boat then please check out the gallery at the bottom of the page.
Also if would require any additional information then please contact Keira directly via firstname.lastname@example.org You can also look directly on the Carpe Diems personal website for more information on the boat. http://www.carpediemphinisi.com
During the week you will get to experience the innovative marriage of scuba diving, yoga and an introduction to meditation. Our next trip will begin on June 15th 2019 (7 nights 8 days) The local airport to fly into is La Buan Bajo in Flores Island (LBJ airport code) Garuda airlines and Nam Air operates many flights daily via Jakarta and Bali. If you need additional information or travel advise on getting to and from Flores Island then feel free to contact us.
Due to overwhelming demand on our June 2018 trip we ended up running two consecutive weeks to accommodate all of our bookings. Enquire early to ensure your space on board.
The Carpe Diem Phinisi has a staff of 10 experienced crew for just 4 cabins and can accommodate a maximum number of 7 guests. This ensures that all classes and dive groups are kept small and personal and above all extremely safe.
Prices are based on shared occupancy in either a double bed or twin bed cabins. Be sure to check out our photo gallery of the accommodation, the boat and the previous retreats below.
The Total Package Price is 2,400 USD per person
All PACKAGE INCLUSIONS:
- Accommodation in state of the art cabins, complete with air conditioning, private ensuite toilet, hot water shower, toiletries and 3 towels (1 bathroom towel, 1 deck towel and 1 hand towel)
- Full cabin make up every day
- Stand up Paddleboards (SUPs) Kayaks, Full Snorkeling equipment including full length wetsuit.
- Full board with 4 high quality meals served daily. Two breakfasts, 2 course lunches, afternoon snacks and a 3 course dinner daily. (Meals are buffet but served to you by our wonderful waiter Eis. All meals have an array of meat, fish, vegetarian and vegan options)
- Choice of teas, quality Balinese coffee, a broad choice of sodas, fruit juices and of course water are also served throughout the day to you by the Carpe Diem staff. You will be given your very own stainless steel Trash Hero Indonesia bottle with your name on it so that you always have water on the tender for you to drink immediately before and immediacy after every dive. After your trip you are welcome to take this bottle home as a souvenir of your stay with us.
- Full use of complete sets of diving equipment including (emergency personal GPS transmitters for peace of mind when diving in Komodo’s notoriously tricky currents)
- All tanks and scuba diving equipment, including a surface marker buoy (SMB) and reef hook all free of charge.
- For our Scuba Yogis –
- 12 yoga classes and 14+ dives (local ocean conditions permitting of course)
- 1 excursion to the Komodo Dragons visitors center and a walking tour with the local Komodo dragon park ranger. He will be our guide whilst leading us though the park to see these magnificent creatures up close and personal in their natural habitat. He will include an informational talk on the habits of these fascinating creatures and there will be options for photos and dragon selfies en route.
- 1 excursion to Pink Beach for photos and sunset drinks led by Carpe Diem Staff. On this day there will be just one yoga class in the morning. We will skip the evening class this day to take a trip to Pink beach and to give our bodies a little mid week break from all the activity. Here we will have an opportunity to unwind with a few drinks on the beach with your fellow adventurers while watching the sun go down.
- For our YOGI SNORKELERS –
- All the same inclusions except with Snorkeling/ Kayaking or SUP options instead of diving.
- For our DIVING ONLY GUESTS –
- All the same inclusions with the opportunity to participate in up to to 3 or 4 dives per day, depending on ones stamina of course. You’re always welcome to come and try the yoga too.
- Personal meet and greet transfers to and from La Buan Bajo airport.
- All land excursions are also personally escorted by Carpe Diems own staff.
- Multi lingual Cruise Director (English, French, Bahasa Indonesian and Spanish)
- This luxurious trip has 10 crew members to cater for your every need. With a maximum of 7 guests on board this high staff to client ratio ensures that the needs of even our most discerning guests are met and you will get to completely relax between activities, ensuring that you go home feeling refreshed and rejuvenated after your once in a lifetime experience with us. The only time you will have to lift a finger is to put on your wetsuit. All equipment will be carried for you to and from the tender after each dive and your wetsuits rinsed by the Carpe Diems staff. Each diver and snorkeler will also have their own personal rinse bucket to keep any personal equipment such a cameras, computers or masks. The Carp Diem’s tender staff, will also aid each diver in gearing up, putting on weight belts, BCDs and fins before entering the water.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- The Komodo marine park fee (100USD)
- Diving insurance (we can arrange this for you for just 40USD)
- Alcohol (we do sell onboard and to give you some idea a double G&T is 7 USD
View the Gallery